Sunday, August 08, 2010

Packing Up and Heading Out


After a wonderful evening in a lovely room overlooking the river between New Hampshire and Vermont, we are off to explore. Yes, for the 15th time since I was conceived I will not be in church this morning. There was no church near here with a website, so I guess they lose out. ;-)

We are having a truly delightful time together and have only been interrupted by these kinds of calls from the children:

JImmy: MOm, I have to talk to Dad. It's a cooking question.

Me: Well, you can't drive and talk on the phone out here, so you'll have to talk to me.

Jimmy: But Mom, it's a COOKING question.

Me: Well, I MIGHT know the answer, or I can ask him. He's right here.

Jimmy: OK, I"m making Rice a Roni. It says 2 Tablespoons of Margarine. I'm going to make 2 boxes. How much margarine is that?

Me: 4 Tablespoons Jimmy.

Jimmy: OK, Thanks Mom.

3 minutes later the phone rings again

Jimmy: Mom, is Dad there?

Me: Jimmy, he can't come to the phone.

Jimmy: OK, but I have another cooking question

Me; Well, try me again.

Jimmy: If it says 2 and a half cups of water for one box, how much is that for two?

Me: Five Jimmy.

Jimmy: OK, Mom. Thanks. Bye.

1 comment:

Holly Magnuson said...

OK, Jimmy just makes me smile!