Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Wednesdays Rambling Thoughts






Here are 1st day of school pictures for 5 of the high-schoolers. Great looking kids, eh?

******

I also got the same invitation Cindy did about a casting call for a pilot large family program. I looked into it to see how much it would pay. $500 to shoot the pilot. Are you kidding me? No way I would disrupt everyone that much for $500. I turned down Wife Swap at $10,000 a few years ago. Now, you start talking $50,000 or $100,000 and MAYBE i'd be willing to allow a people to put my kids on national TV telling everyone what a horrible mother they have but $500? Nope.

*******

Bart and I have an article in the Fostering Families magazine that arrived yesterday. Anybody see it?

*******

Yesterday seemed to go well for everyone and I think I got all of the paper's signed last night. They all seem motivated and report to having a good day. Unfortunately, their good day at school did not translate into remembering to do what they were supposed to at home, and so when I arrived at 8:15 p.m. and found undone chores, after so little sleep Monday night, I was less than positive. I went to bed exhausted but was up at 4:45 and off to the Y. I gained weight this week so I'm crabby about the whole experience, but I'm not going to quit.

******

Dominyk has a conference this morning and then by tomorrow he and Wilson will be in school and I can finally get organized I hope. It's amazing how much I manage to manage ... even amazes me sometimes.

******

Today's goals include catching up on email, finalizing presentations for the trip to Abilene, TX in two weeks, and working on taxes. ON Monday I got everything organized, now today/tonight just need to get it all on spreadsheets.

******

I also plan at some point to pick winners for the Tackiest Blog Give Away Ever. But since I haven't done it yet, I guess you can still enter -- make sure you leave your comments there instead of here or I may not see them.

******

Off to live my day.... Hope yours is a good one!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Sure are good looking kids! We homeschool so I don't do "back to school" pics and now I wonder if I should!

Life's Mom said...

When and where are you speaking in Texas? And yes those are some fine looking kids!