Thursday, December 09, 2010

THe Worst is Over... or so they Say

I just read through what is going to happen to me in an hour and it doesn't sound all that wonderful, but the drinking thing was pretty bad. Thanks to everyone for your advice!

The first glass I tried a flavor packet in and it was awful. But the nurse had told me to mix it with minute maid frozen concentrate and that made it taste much much better, though it was still hard to get down. And i think it had a bit of pulp so now I am worried that they are going to tell me 'no no, you had pulp, gotta do this again next week." If they do I will cry. I swear.

I had one 20 minute period that was completely awful when I was vomiting and retching (I know, I know, TMI) but other than that the whole thing was survivable. It was a very long day. It's interesting when you have 10 full hours with the only thing on your to-do list being drinking and pooping.

Surprisingly I'm not feeling that hungry. I didn't plan for this well and so I didn't eat much on Tuesday and then of course nothing from Wednesday evening until now......

I will be glad when this is all over. I can't imagine it's going to be very fun. But I am relieved to have survived the preparation....

No comments: