Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reality Check

I make myself laugh.

Yesterday I was all excited to get the website for 3rd Degree Parenting redone to announce that I'm taking pre-orders for the book. So many people have said they can't wait to read it that I somehow had convinced myself that the orders would be pouring in. Well, in 24 hours, four orders have come in. Quite a reality check for me.

It's funny how things happen. I've been watching with curiosity as two of the kids who went to my alma mater while I worked there as Dean of Students have become famous. I have read their book -- it's sold 1.5 million copies -- and they are dealing with all this attention. .

I think it is great though that people are interested in the topic. It's just quite a stagerring comparison you know -- 4 vs. 1.5 million.

Smile.

No comments: