Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Why I Don't Have Time To Blog

In order to clear my head I thought I'd share with all of you how my day has been so far. It might explain to you why I haven't been blogging as thoroughly lately.

I got up at 5:40 to head to the Y by 6 instead of 5 because it was a two hour late start for the kids. When I got to the van the oil light was on and we've been having trouble with that for the past couple days and I was told "NEVER drive it if the oil light is on. So I went inside and asked Bart if he needed the car before 7:30 because the oil light was on. He told me to take the car.

Now, before I go any further, this was already destined to be a difficult day with two vehicles. Late start combined with two therapy appointments and me agreeing to watch Isaac (adorable grandson above wearing the outfit we got him in Alabama -- his mom texted me the picture this morning)

I picked up Mrs. Coffee and we went and did our workout and came home. I went to Bart and decided there is no way we could do the day with one vehicle. I called and cancelled the two therapy sessions and went to buy oil. When I got back Bart reported that the oil was full. ??? So i told him to go ahead and go to his meetings and I would deal with the van. I called and our mechanic can't fit it in today.

Tony and Leon are leaving on an overnight high school concert choir trip to Iowa, so I woke Tony up and let him know that therapy was cancelled, which resulted in me being cussed out immediately. I told him he needed to get up and pack because neither of his parents were going to be there to wake him up multiple times.

I then got in the van to leave and there was no oil light on after all. I took Sadie and Leon to Dunn Brothers for breakfast so they could meet the amazing Leah and turn in applications. She is suggesting she will interview each of them on Saturday which would be awesome. On the way home we stopped at the bank for cash for meals for the choir trip boys.

During our time at Dunn's, Courtney, John's girfriend texted asking if I might be willing to go pick up our oldest daughter (an hour from here) and babysit Gabby so that she could go with Courtney to jail to see John (even though John had told me that she was never going to speak to him again). I said no. I can't imagine why suddenly she is having such a great need to see John when he's been here for the past 3 months and she's only seen him twice. For some reason the subculture she lives in glamorizes trips to see people in jail. But I'm certainly not subsidizing a trip for her to see him when she doesn't even have time to come see me. Of course, all I did was say no, because anything I say to anyone of these kids will be repeated and twisted to meet the needs of whoever they are trying to convince of whatever drama filled manipulative ploy they are involved in.

Through text messages I offered to take Courtney to breakfast Thursday so she and I can talk before I write to John. I'm not sure what exactly to say to him after the things that have happened the past couple weeks and I want to know where she is with things and how she feels before I misrepresent her by mentioning something she said yesterday or the day before.

Came home to take kids to school and suddenly realized that not only was the neighbor unable to take Jimmy and Tony as she usually does, but that Sadie had had a friend spend the night and I was going to have to make two trips. As soon as I was getting ready to make the two trips the phone rang and it was Mike, asking for a ride to court by 10 (it was 9:15). He gave me an address and I told him I had to make two trips and that I would get there as soon as I could. He told me his ride hadn't shown up and that he would call his lawyer and tell them he was going to be a bit late.

I took the first three and then came back for the rest which is a two stop trip. However, Ricardo decided to tell me he knew where Mike lived, which surprised me since he isn't supposed to go there and he knows it. So I got all involved in that conversation and completely forgot that Wilson was in the vehicle. He's very short and sits directly behind me and never utters a sound so it's easy to forget. So after I dropped the High School kids off I realized that I still had another stop to make and that was going to take me way out of my way and I wouldn't make it to Mike's on time.

I got to the address he gave me and it didn't exist. And he was nowhere near there. I texted his cell and got no response but who knows if he has minutes left as he uses pay to go phones. I called home and Rand reported he hadn't called back. I waited 15 minutes and then came home My guess is that his ride showed up and he forgot to mention to me that he didn't need a ride afterall.

By the time I got home it was 10:30 and nothing is done here. So now I have 25 whole minutes to work before Isaac comes for me to babysit. And then we begin the complex evening of spring sports where we have practices for 3 different kids until 5:30 and another one that starts at 6:30 and we try and fit supper in between. And I have a meeting from 4:30 to 5:30. And Sadie babysits and 6:30. And I think Bart has a meeting somewhere in there too.

And somwhere today I should fit in between 9 and 11 hours of work, but I'm thinking that may not happen.....

So, understand why somedays I just don't have time to blog? Is your head spinning yet? Mine sure is!

1 comment:

Treasured Grace said...

WOW I'm tired just reading your post today.
Blessings to you and your family.
Just an encouragement to you, my girlfriend has read and re read your book and is in the beginning process of being matched with an 11 year old girl.
So even when your day is crazy, your kids don't listen or tell you their plans I just wanted you to know that you have made a difference in yet ANOTHER childs life.