Thursday, October 13, 2011

Did I Leave You Hanging?

Yesterday was just completely nuts nuts nuts trying to get everything done that we had to do before leaving town. I didn't take a minute to do anything but what I had to do -- so blogging wasn't something I did. We left at 7:30 p.m. and drove to St Paul to spend the night because my plane left this morning at 6.

Then this morning there wasn't enough time to blog between when I woke at 3:30 and when I got on the plane (can you believe the lines where uber long at 4:30 a.m.!?!?!) and then in Chicago when I had my layover blogger wasn't working.

Got to Nashville around 11:30 and then waited for Bart until he arrived on a different plane at 12:09 (we saved $100 this way). We then had delicious lunch at Darfons. I had a most incredible baked potato, completely loaded, for just $3.00 and we split an amazing chocolate cobbler that was to die for -- complete with Vanilla Bean ice-cream. It was beyond amazing.

We haven't heard a word about Bart's test results -- so we're trying not to think of it. He has had some moments where he has felt really horrible the past few days -- but he is fine now. I've been up since 3:30 though (I know I already said that but it bears repeating if it induces any sympathy at all) so we are going to take a nap.

And just so you know -- there are only 35 books left from the first printing. We have sold a lot as preorders. Twenty five of them are waiting for me to sell in Athens, GA on Monday. But there is an error in the first book that I will be correcting for the second printing -- so when I am really famous and those first editions are worth millions, you will have wished you were one of the people who had ordered one. (Coupon PREORDER is good for $4.00 until the 15th of October. That's in 2 days).

So just do it.

1 comment:

Cody Lee said...

Keeping Bart in my thoughts, and I can't wait for my book to come.