Sunday, September 25, 2005

It Never Fails


By some odd stroke of luck and coincidence, I was given the gift of over three hours virtually alone. Since my scrapbook stuff was still out from yesterday, I decided I would keep going.

And I couldn't find my ink cartridge. And then I ran out of paper. And then Mike called from the RTC and, like he always does, managed to suck me into an argument that resulted in me being infuriated with myself. So I had to call Michele who always brings my blood pressure down. By the time I found the cartridge, went to the store and bought by paper, got home and loaded the printer, and printed the pictures, I only finished one two-page layout in the whole three + hours. The rest of the family arrived home just as I was scanning the page.


Now I'm emotionally exhausted, but hoping to get a second wind as I have all I need set out.

I found my new method to be working quite well. I used to scrapbook at the Dining Room table -- I would haul everything out and only be able to work until the next meal. This weekend I tried (not that anyone cares at ALL about any of this) working at my desk. I cleaned it off first. I found that working at the desk, with my ITunes as my radio, the internet for ideas, and a little space to work, I accomplished much more. Plus, last night when it was time for supper I didn't have to quit.

So even though this chair is where I sit for 60+ hours a week to work, it is now where I will sit to scrap ... simply because of the productivity factor.

If you look at my layouts, they are like the rest of my life -- get it 80% good enough, cover the concept, and ignore the details.

No comments: