Saturday, October 22, 2005

One of the Things I Like About Myself

I always have something to do. There is never a time when I can’t think of anything to do... not that I can always motivate myself to be productive, but when I want something to do I can find it.

Because I had such a stressful work week, I decided that this weekend I am actually going to take two days off. I know this seems like nothing to most people, but for me not to touch anything work related for two whole days will be a true test of self-discipline.

But, when I’m not working I have creative projects going on that use a different part of my brain and by working on them I can actually feel refreshed, though tired, when I am done.

For this reason I continue to do slides/powerpoint for new worship on Sundays in addition to a “welcome” video featuring pictures from the last week’s service. Using the song “Welcome” from the Disney Movie “Brother Bear”, these videos are our “call to worship” in our very unique, oh so much more than contemporary, worship service.

I also scrapbook, as my blog indicates... I scrapbook digitally when I’m too lazy to get stuff out . . . I’m working on writing my book. Every couple months I put together slideshows of all of our pictures and burn them on a DVD for my parents. I am working on a DVD of all the past Welcome Videos to sell and raise money for apportionments (church contributions to social justice issues).

I design websites like LAFTER and United Methodist Church and Catch the Spirit. I create them but then hate maintaining them as you can tell by all the broken links.

I always can find something productive to do even when I try not to work....

and I like that about me.

I can even do things like make it look like my son is on TV....

No comments: