Monday, December 12, 2005

This was SUPPOSED to be a day OFF

Once a year during December a couple of the nicest people in the world (I have a list in my head of the top ten nicest couples./people I know and they are officially on it) have all of our kids over for supper so that we can spend a day together -- Christmas shopping, eating out, seeing a movie. It’s a fun day for us, especially when we are on the ball and only have to finish the shopping...

Today is that day. It was supposed to be my day off.

But, this morning was Monday morning hell here and now I have a huge work assignment that I have to get done before I go.

But, I’m almost over the disastrous emotional upheaval of lost shoes, back packs stuffed with stolen items, and being cussed out and have completed the first part of the project and sent it off to be proofed and wait to be finished tonight.

I’m not going to organize us so that we know exactly what we need to get where and can have a less than stressful day.

And, by the way, my book’s rough draft is now in Bart’s hands and ready to go to the first editor when he is done. The Christmas calendars are completed. The Christmas letter is written. Progress is being made...

No comments: