Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hold on to Eleven because Thirteen's a comin'

I’ve decided to consciously spend as much time with Sadie as I can right now when she still likes me. She’s almost 12 but she will still willingly hug me in the morning and before she goes to bed. She lets me kiss her without making a face. When we walk through the mall she’ll hold my hand. I don’t humiliate her completely by my mere existence...YET.

But 13 is coming all too soon and then we’ll get the eye rolling, the rebellion, the sneakiness, the dirty looks, yada yada.

I’ve got about an hour before I have to head to court. I’m not looking forward to it. Right now Sadie is the only one home and I am trying to work super hard to keep my mind occupied with blogging, working, etc. so that I don’t obsess about the hearing and what will happen.


No comments: