Thursday, September 07, 2006

Looks Like We Made It

The longest summer of our lives is over, and I am relieved. We did better than I thought we would.

Not only did it feel like the longest summer, but it truthfully was -- the highest number of days off of school we have ever experienced for a summer.

And considering that EVERYTHING was new for us this summer, I think they did pretty good.

People misunderstand me, I think, when I present myself as being so thrilled with the kids being back in school. But it is not just because they are leaving me alone. It’s because most of them are happier when there is school. School means access to peers around you even if you don’t have social skills to make friends. School means structure, routine, knowing what to expect every single day.

So I’m happy for them and I’m happy for me. I have so much that I’m excited to get done in peace that I can’t decide what to do next...

No comments: