Monday, October 30, 2006

I married the right guy

I cannot explain to you how much I hate to cook. If I had a choice between making dinner or working out at the YMCA I would choose exercise. That’s seriously how bad it is.

At 6:00 I am supposed to have dinner on the table. Yesterday Bart made a pot roast in the crock pot and I peeled potatoes to mash. The roast didn’t get done so we went out for dinner. Tonight I have to go upstairs, in about fifteen minutes, and heat up and mash the potatoes and attempt to make gravy. I cannot even begin to tell you how much self control it is going to require for me to make myself do this.

I realize it is completely pathetic on my part, but I just get so annoyed with cooking. Maybe I’m just pathetic period lately.


Later:

Well, I guess it wasn’t that bad. I worked for a half hour to make a dinner that took them 7 minutes to consume. But they said it was good and everyone was grateful.

I’m VERY thankful to be married to a guy who cooks and likes it. Otherwise, we’d really have some stressful days around here -- or else eat out a lot!

No comments: