Monday, December 11, 2006

From Pat O'Brien's Living Room

How cool is that? Bart and I are sitting in Pat O'Brien's living room. He (Pat) is at the office preparing for another trip. We had supper together after we arrived and then took a tour of Brooklyn and Coney Island. Saw the boardwalk, a new baseball stadium, a memorial to the firefighters who lost their lives during 9/11... fun evening. Travellling always makes me quite tired, but we had a great day and evening.

The week is packed and we will attempt to cram as much as we can into our week hear. Lots of stuff to be learned from Pat -- he certainly does not do things "the normal way" but does get a lot done. Many teenagers have a family because of his efforts and the effort of his staff. Though things are non-traditional, I so admire his passion.

The neighborhood/office/house are like what you'd see in a movie. I know I sound like a hick from the midwest when I say that, but it is definitely just like what you'd see there.

I have much work to do but will probably go to bed early tonight and tackle most of it tomorrow as travelling makes me very tired, even when everything goes smoothly.

We haven't received any phone calls from home, so I guess that is a good sign. Pat has offered us free long distance on his phone as that is the plan he has. I'm tempted to use it and check on people, but then again, maybe not knowing is better than knowing.

No comments: