Monday, January 03, 2011

I Like Routine


I am so glad Christmas break is over. It isn't that I haven't enjoyed having my kids home, because I have. In fact, this has been the best Christmas break we've had ever I think. There was only major drama one night and other than that it has been very calm. In fact, yesterday was so calm I didn't even think I was living at my house. So I'm not looking forward to them being back in school so that they aren't here.

But I do like routine. I like what I like when I like it. I like to have a plan and follow it and I like things to happen the way they are "supposed to". So being back at the Y at five a.m. and back home to my desk having my workout and shower done 30 minutes before the kids are up is definitely the way to go for me. I know that I will be much more productive when things are this way. Too much unscheduled time paralyzes me. Yesterday I had hours and hours of unscheduled time and accomplished very little.

SO I'm grateful to be back in a routine. I am going to have to choose other places to work ... today I think I might join my husband at the church ... because working here with adult children who watch TV all the time just makes me crazy....

But I've begun my day well. And now that momentum has to keep me going......

If you missed my post on goals setting, check it out and let us all know what you're going to do this month/year.

But there is one new thing that I'm going to carry over from Christmas break -- and that's holding Isaac for at least 30 minutes a day. Nothing centers and relaxes me more. Don't you just wanna kiss him?

1 comment:

Penelope said...

So cute! Are you participating in A Bushel & A Peck's Rockin' Mama Challenge? The link is on my site.