Sunday, January 12, 2020

Weekends....

If you've been keeping up with. us since we moved to Virginia, you know that we have a new house in Lynchburg that is awesome ... the nicest home we have ever lived in.   In fact, we got back from the first trip ever where our master bedroom and bathroom are nicer than the 3.5 star hotel we stayed in (good deal on Priceline).  :-).  It's really nice to be here.

Ten of us live here.  Salinda, her husband and the three kids live downstairs in a basement apartment.  Wilson, Jimmy and Dominyk each have their own room upstairs, and Bart and I share an office upstairs (though I don't spend much time in it.... I get tired of being behind a computer all week long so I don't come up here much except on Saturday mornings to do the powerpoint and bulletin for church.  Today is an exception though as I have a project I'm going to be working on that I may or may not tell you about.

















Our weekends are pretty simple.  Salinda works (serving at Olive Garden) and often when she is home Carlos hangs out with grandma.  It gives Gabby a break from him and Mike (Salinda's husband) can take care of the baby in peace.  (Carlos is a LOUD kid).  His favorite thing to do is sit on the love seat next to me and put his head on my shoulder.  Here's some pictures just for your eyes (his hair hadn't been combed so Salinda is not about to let me post his picture on Facebook.  Sundays are pretty awesome because everyone that can be in church is in church.   Salinda's family sits with me and it's such a joy.  I get to hold this baby during the sermon.   The adult males sit in the back row.   Yes, I'm shaking my head.



Moments like these make it all worth while.













No comments: