Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Beginning of the Stretch

Church today was very encouraging. Sang some great songs like “A Mighty Fortress is our God” and “How FIrm a Foundation” which always encourage and a convince me that God can get me through anything.

“The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.”

Mike still isn’t home. In fact, he had some friends pick him up last night and the guy he was with doesn’t even know who they are or where they went. So he is missing yet again. And, since we have a letter from our county saying they don’t approve of us having him out of residential treatment, we will get no help from them. if he’s not home by Tuesday and misses school, I’ll call his probation officer since he will be violating parole (ironically, running away from home for days is not a violation of parole). I’m concerned that something could have happened to him, though, and have no idea how to find him.

I don’t usually sleep very well when Bart is gone and if Mike is missing too I’m going to have a long 3 nights... but I’m beginning the parenting alone stretch, and I’ve got a foundation that is firm and a God that won’t forsake me, so I will make it, one step at a time.

No comments: