Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Day Without Internet is Like...

weird.

i have been here, with internet access available, since 12:30 and haven't looked at it once. I'm trying my hardest to keep my commitment to spending time with my children just doing nothing but interacting with them, during this transition. It's not as easy as it sounds. Just interraction not with a goal, but just being, is not something I'm very good at.

We got to town about 12:45, having lunch on the way. (It is very difficult to order seven meals in a fast food restaurant when your youngest child is adding things on, i.e., "I'll have a diet coke (and some PISS)" and a hamburger (with an A**hole or two)." Tony was insisting this morning the didn't want to come, and Dominyk was begging to, so I switched them. Dominyk's only had a few meltdowns today but one of them was during my ordering. I found it not at all comical then, but certainly blog worthy now that it is over.

Anyway, I digress. We got here at 12:45 and immediately Salinda and her friend got busy prepping, taping and painting the bathroom. John started mowing the lawn, and Rand started helping Kari's husband and her brother with Rand and John's basement bedroom. Sadie and Dominyk and I well, I parented them while they did little. Sadie did wash windows in the porch.

We then went to Sam's Club to buy some groceries and to get the trampoline I've been promising the kids for weeks. We then spent several hours putting it together. The girls and John insisted they could do it, and so I let them, but then had to spend quite some time undoing what they did and redoing it. Towards the end it was taking John, Rand and I all of our weight and strength to finish up the last few springs. My muscles are sore. I try hard not to EVER use my muscles for that very reason.

We then had supper and I went to Home Depot to pick up insulation for the basement bedroom and then went to watch the kids jump on the tramp. It was hot out this afternoon, but tonight our gorgeous newly mowed huge back yard was cool and comfortable, with a light breeze and a lot of happily jumping children.

I even went to pick up Ben because Dominyk just loves playing with him. They are having a blast.

Tomorrow we have the YMCA and the mall on our schedule. A few more chores and we need to put a second coat on that bathroom and contact paper on the shelf bottoms in the kitchen. A few pieces of furniture need to be moved and some boxes moved around.

This is the beginning of the home stretch... and there is so much to do. I know that a few weeks from now we still won't be completely done and we will be exhausted.

But it's been fun watching my children enjoy life...

No comments: