Thursday, June 15, 2006

Being Good

Last night before going to sleep I had an unusual (as usual) conversation with Dominyk. He was talking about how he wanted to kill people and hurt people and how he was going to be bad in school. Always unsure if this means that he is going just being a boy or if he has traces of antisocial personality disorder like his birthmom, I try to gear him in a better direction.

I said something to the effect that talking like that was going to make people think he wasn’t a good person. “I’m not a good person and I don’t want to be one.”

I decided to show him the value of being good. It was my plan to find out what he wanted to be when he grew up and show how he needed to be a good person in order to do so.

He shut me right down when he answered the question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” with this response:

A bounty hunter -- I want to get paid for hunting people down and killing them.

end of conversation.

No comments: