Thursday, January 04, 2007

Got a Good Thing Goin' On


Salinda’s new best friend has a mom who talks to me all the time now... and Salinda likes her nephew... so the three of us mom’s together are keeping up on what is going on. If one of us knows something that happened we make sure the others know.

The two girls came home today after school and Salinda is making her meal for us (turns out that the gymastics meet starts at 5, so she can actually cook tonight after all). Her friend is “helping” and Salinda came home with a major nasty attitude.

I started talking to her friend (who calls me her other mom) about not following our rules about the phone when she was here the other night and Salinda was yelling at me to leave and be quiet. So I called the friend into my office for a conversation. That, of course, went fine... and I concluded it with “fix Salinda, or tomorrow night’s outing is cancelled.”

Within minutes Salinda was down here, smile on her face, apologizing and everything was OK again.

But it sure is a lot of work.

No comments: