Thursday, January 11, 2007

They Came Back to Life


During late November and in December, many social workers are focusing on other things besides getting kids matched. So I don’t have much I have to do.

It’s almost like they all died out there. My emails don’t get answered and everything is very quiet.

Well, this week they woke up. Yesterday when we left for lunch I had 29 emails in my inbox. By the time I was done in court it was 85 requiring action (that’s after I delete junk and stuff I don’t need to reply to). Now I’m up to 103 and this day hasn’t begun.

This afternoon and evening I’ll be gone. I’m heading out to the SW corner of the state where we used to live to do a home study update visit and I’m spending the night there as to not have to travel home late at night. I’m also going to get a haircut and visit with a great friend.

But between now and then I have to deal with all of these emails ... sending studies flying around this country like crazy, trying to match kids with their families they can finally be home.

No comments: