Friday, March 30, 2007

Mike's Progress

Mike has signed out of the halfway house to go "job hunting." RIght now he is at the library on his My Space. It appears that he is hooking up with a bunch of his using friends from his past already.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. As soon as he was that I was paying attention to his activity, he set his My Space to private.
I am attempting to get a response from him, but it isn't working so well.

He wants a home pass but I'm not sure we'll be able to agree to that. If within 24 hours of his discharge from CD treatment he is already sending messages to his MySpace friends who use, how can he possibly come home and stay clean?

The Administrative Assistant at the Halfway House said, "At a halfway house, we have to give them just enough rope so they can hang themselves if they want to."

It appears that may be his desire. I hope that he proves me very wrong.

No comments: