Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Can't Believe It has Been a Week

I certainly had plans to blog this past week.  I just didn't find the time.  I was rushing from one thing to another and one home to another and one office to another and one town to another and having many conversations that were intense and good and hard and good and difficult and good.   That's kinda what happens when you're trying to move forward in a dysfunctional system.  You just have to have those hard conversations.

Let me back up and tell you that we are having a BALL getting to know the folks at Mt Vernon UMC in Danville where Bart is the new interim pastor.  Last Wednesday we got to tell the story of us .... and we love doing that.   I, of course, go into "Stand Up" mode when handed a mic, and Bart plays the straight man and we just have a blast.   We have met so many people and I am about out of RAM after meeting everyone at my new job, so I'm having more trouble with names than Bart is -- he is the master.   But so many friendly and kind people have welcomed us and we are enjoying it a lot.  (And I'm not just saying that because some of you googled me and found my blog :-)

We are continuing to enjoy the parsonage.   We even had an adult house guest who borrowed our couch Friday night ... and realized this is the first time that this has happened (with the exception of family members) in all of our marriage.  We never had room for others (or when we did they weren't brave enough to stay at our house :-)   It is fun to have people over and be able to practice hospitality without a lot of frightening drama.

My job is full of challenges.... good ones, but some really hard stuff.  Covet your prayers as we continue to work to defeat the enemy and move forward.  I can't help but believe that there are mighty good days in store for us if there is so much spiritual opposition to what we are doing.

Several busy days ahead.... challenging ones ... but I am convinced that God is in control.

If you happen to know any couples who would be interested in being houseparents, I would love for you to have them contact me.  That's our biggest need at the moment.  And even if you don't know anyone if you could pray that God will send some our way I would be most grateful.

No comments: