Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Busy busy busy days

Yesterday was crazy.  I woke up later than planned at 5:15 and got ready to leave the apartment at 6:05.  Was at Planet Fitness by 7:15 for a quick walk (that was actually one of the best I've had in a decade as far as pain management goes) and at a meeting at my Lynchburg office at.  Had a bunch of back to back meetings until 4:30 when I headed to Walmart to buy a bunch of healthy things for my apartment that can fit on my food plan.   If you didn't know this I'm training for a 2.6 mile marathon in March for Do it For The Kids Day.

By the time I got back here I was SO tired I pretty much just sat at my desk and asked people on Facebook for money, check in with Bart about his day and go to bed.. That's kind of what I do these days, especially since my novel is done.  Did you hear that?  I got that sequel written in 13 days.  Now comes the six months of editing.

Anyway, I never had time to blog and I'm sorry about that.

Yesterday in one of those meetings, our CEO began his prayer, which began our meeting, with these words, "Your loving kindness is better than life."  This  verse in Psalm 63:3 says in the KJV "Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee."

Many translations change out the word "lovingkindness" and just substitute it for love.  But the word means more than that.  Even Wikipedia knows that.  It says, "Loving-kindness is a specific kind of love conceptualized in various religious traditions, both among theologians and religious practitioners, as a form of love characterized by acts of kindness."  

It struck me today that I have never really thought about God performing acts of kindness.   But when I started thinking about it, it’s all around us.   Some of them may even be “random acts of kindness.”

He didn’t need to make sunsets and sunrises that are breathtakingly beautiful.   Music wasn’t a necessity but he certainly created that for us.   Colors …. all the hues and variations … were not required for the world, yet he gave them to us.   And I’m just getting started.

It’s an act of kindness every time we get something good that we don’t deserve (we call it grace) or when we don’t get the consequences we do deserve (we call it mercy).  

People that He allows us to meet through our lives are acts of kindness (well, most of them most of the time :-)   Any gift that comes from Him can be interpreted as an act of kindness.


When we recognize this, how can we help but say thank you and have our lips praise him?

I used to own this album.  The word album should tell you something.

No comments: