Thursday, March 01, 2018

Worried about anything?


I gotta confess.  There's some stuff going on in my family life right now that I'm not ready to share, but it's very troubling to Bart and I and eventually I will share it.  I tend to be transparenter (more transparent, I know, I know, but sometimes it's fun to make up words) than Bart so I need to find out from him how much he wants me to share.

Bottom line -- we got lots to worry about on a couple of fronts right now in our complex family system.   But during times I like this, I remember a couple of verses I memorized back in the early 70s as a young teen.   I memorized them in the Living Bible and just checked to make sure that I my memory is accurate, and sure enough, it's still there!     Philippians 4:6-7 says:
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.  If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.
So even though I have a lot of things to worry about, I’m trying my best to follow Paul’s instructions:

  1. Don’t worry.
  2. Pray
  3. Tell God my needs
  4. Be grateful for God’s answered prayers
  5. Experience God’s peace and let it keep my heart quiet and at rest.

That’s my to do list for today.  If you have lots of troubling things swirling around in your head, it should be yours as well!

It may not be three little birds that are singing to you today, but God's word has the same message....



No comments: