Thursday, March 16, 2017

Three Reasons to Be Thankful


It's Thankful Thursday.  Here are Three Reasons I'm thankful today.... and three reasons you should be too.

1)  God answers prayer.  I had a meeting this week where I gave a presentation.  The results of that meeting were far above and beyond anything I could have imagined.  We had so many people praying for us.... our Sr. Leadership team walked a way knowing that God has answered prayer.    Remember my friends I told you about whose son turned 14 while in a coma because of sepsis to the point that we all, thousands around the country, prayed that God would spare his life.  Well, this picture shows what happened with that :-).

And just so you know, God answers prayer by saying no sometimes to.   I can't imagine how different my life would be had he answered all my prayers with a yes.   Being married to David Cassidy from the Patridge family (or any of the other guys I asked God for over the years) for example, would probably not have gone well.  

2)  Because I'm choosing to be.   I could easily find so many ways to complain if I wanted to.   There are a multiple of challenging things facing our family right now, and work has it's issues, and Bart and I are both in pain so much we have to help each other put on socks some days, but I chose to focus on the good.

3)  Because God is good.  All the Time!  If you have been to any of the churches we pastor, you know that this is the way we begin almost every Sunday.

Come on... Sing it with me.

No comments: