Tuesday, August 22, 2017

But I'm a MESS!

Have you ever been in a situation when you have been asked to do something big and your response is, "Woah.  Not me!  I'm a mess!  I can't possibly be used by God to do anything really cool.  Do you know what I've done?  Do you know who I am?"

God showed Jeremiah through a metaphor what He can do with us.   Jeremiah is quoted this way in the Message in Chapter 18
So I went to the potter’s house, and sure enough, the potter was there, working away at his wheel. Whenever the pot the potter was working on turned out badly, as sometimes happens when you are working with clay, the potter would simply start over and use the same clay to make another pot.  5-10 Then God’s Message came to me: “Can’t I do just as this potter does?"
The answer, of course, is "yup, God can do with us, just what the  potter does with clay.  He can take us and and mold it and remake as many times as necessary as we gradually become better than we dreamed.  It’s our job to be patient because  sometimes he needs to do it again and again before it is just right.

So we can come to God, knowing that He is the Great Potter and sing:
 Now I'm just a beggar in the presence of a King.....  I wish I could bring so much more

But if it's true.....You use broken things .....

Then here I am Lord, I am all Yours



No comments: