Monday, March 06, 2006

Saddle Up Your Horses

When I was in Mexico (92-94), one of my favorite songs was by Steven Curtis Chapman.

It goes like this:

Started out this morning in the usual way
Chasing thoughts inside my head of all I had to do today
Another time around the circle try to make it better than the last

I opened up the Bible and I read about me
Said I'd been a prisoner and God's grace had set me free
And somewhere between the pages it hit me like a lightning bolt
I saw a big frontier in front of me and I heard somebody say "let's go"!

CHORUS
Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure

Come on get ready for the ride of your life
Gonna leave long faced religion in a cloud of dust behind
And discover all the new horizons just waiting to be explored
This is what we were created for...

I loved this song because I wanted my life to be a Great Adventure. And it truly has. But there are times, like yesterday, when the ride seems overwhelming. I’m sure the trail-blazers had bad days too.

I am feeling better this morning and I slept -- even though John and Mike were missing from 1 pm yesterday until John arrived alone about 6:45 this morning.

I have spent part of the night trying to figure out why they are doing what they are doing and though I have a zillion possibilities I’ve come up with, I’m not really sure. Why John, on his last two nights before court, would be gone both nights is beyond me. Now we are going to have to try and reach the people who are going to court today to give them the update.

But the bottom line is that we do not think the county is going to let him live here if we can’t keep him safe. We also can’t keep him medicated if he isn’t here. And if he is out all night, he won’t be safe. And since he is in their custody...

It’s all mind boggling.

We also have a meeting about the house situation today, right before court. Another stress-free day at the Fletchers.... NOT.


1 comment:

Megamom said...

Praying!