Monday, April 03, 2006

Heading into the Zone

I have a five o’clock deadline and a house to finish cleaning. I am heading into the zone -- that place I refer to where I hyper-focus on the task at hand.

The prospective pastor who was supposed to visit last night didn’t come after all, so we’re going to finish cleaning today after/during my intensive efforts to finish the matching bash charts for April. I only have about 300 emails to process and about 1/2 that many kids to either add, delete, or modify on the charts. My goal is to have them done by 5 today, but they don’t really HAVE to be done until Wednesday morning at 8. I’m shooting for 5 today because I have some other stuff I really need to do tomorrow.

Everyone made it out the door without a meltdown this morning, although Tony earned 45 minutes of extra reading time this afternoon for his repetitive use of the word that rhymes with trucker.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

what's wrong with sucker?

QueenBee said...

I was thinking pucker. Did he eat something sour?:)