Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm not Even Sure I think it is funny

Last night Dominyk decided to break into my office and put a drop of blood on each of the keys on my keyboard. He admitted to it later and said that he thought it would be a funny joke. He wanted to scare me.

After John’s Academy Award Winning Performance in the E.R., this very weird borderline mentally ill thing wasn’t even that funny. Of course, it was night time and I was very tired because I didn’t find it until 9:15, but it didn’t make me laugh.

One more note on the John thing that is funny. John was “convulsing uncontrollably” until the IV went in. Then immediately, as soon as the IV was flowing, they stopped. I asked the nurse, “What is flowing in the IV?” She, knowing us fairly well, said, “It’s Saline.” And I, knowing that John doesn’t know what Saline is, said, “Seems to be working well.” The ER nurses and I shared a secret smile.

John came back last night and was perfectly fine. He literally went from appearing to be an immobile, seizing, severely injured person into a completely healthy with no issues or complaints in less than 30 minutes. Isn’t modern medicine impressive?

2 comments:

Yondalla said...

Okay...I think THIS is hilarious.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed one this morning!

Unknown said...

It is ALWAYS funnier when OTHER people's kids do things like that! :-) Count your blessings...at least we can laugh about it, and that's what helps!