Thursday, April 20, 2006

MId Day Update

Managed to pull myself together enough this morning to get several things done I needed to finish at my desk. Bart promised he’d go through all the books while I was in Texas, so that’s a relief. And all I have left that I really HAVE to do is pack and clean up the kitchen before we leave.

I have taken a few minutes to read about coping with a family member with bipolar. I’m not sure I can follow all of the advice, but at least it helps to see that there are other people living through the same thing. For a long time we were not sure if John was bipolar, but recently it has become so clear.

We are going to have to do a lot of education of the other kids and of John himself if we are going to make it through the rest of his years at home. We also need to keep working to get the right therapist and medications.

But for now, I’m going to rest a little, pack, and get ready for a weekend of respite from him, though I will think about him most of my free thinking time.

I’m excited to spend time with Kari and her family on Friday night as well as to meeting new people from the church on Saturday. But I could punch myself for the way I plan my life. I always book myself into impossible schedules and then have to live through them. Think I’ll ever learn? Don’t answer that.

No comments: