Monday, November 06, 2006

Further Updating

We are all getting sick. That is the latest update. Tony was home from school today with a fever. Dominyk has cold sores and is coughing. I am, as you know, heading into the deep dark hole of a head cold.

Salinda's good attitude didn't even last until her friends went home. She was rude and nasty to me and to her father, refusing to let him see the smile that he's been paying for for the last 2 years. When I confronted her about her attitude, she blamed everything on us ... even though we had gone out of our way to do everything to make her dream vacation possible. I was willing to ignore most of it, until she threw something at me and hit me in the face. That was the end.

i went upstairs and told her friends to pack their stuff up because they were going home. THAT did not go well. But on the way home her friends seemed to at least, in my presence, validate that had they called their mom what Salinda called me and thrown something at her, they'd be in big trouble too.

I told her if she didn't sit with us at supper that she was going to be here every night this week, so she came, and sat with her head under her hoodie glaring at everyone, refusing to answer their questions.

The bottom line is that she is exhausted. She hasn't had a good night's sleep in days and she's really crabby. I am not going to try to force her to have a good attitude. She thinks she won tonight because she was able to sit at the table and glare at all of us from under her hoodie. But to her credit, she was here.

And we'll take the teenage girl nastiness one day at a time, but it sure is exhausting. I guess i was figuring that since she didn't have special needs, things would be going a little better than they are. But people keep telling me that moody teenage girls are the only kind you get and that they are often pretty mean.

Mike did call and I warned him that he needed to come home to talk about last night. I don't know that he will come home.

Well, back to work for me. I hope that keyboards still run after snot falls on them. I've got post-nasal and present-nasal drip.

No comments: