Friday, April 06, 2007

Up Early when I Don't Have to Be

I have a day ahead. One of those days where there is so much crammed in that it may seem impossible to get it done. Fortunatley, I woke up, enthusiastic about getting started to the point of not being able to go back to sleep. Not because they are exciting.

To give you a little flavor..

1) Spend time on the phone with the IRS. To read the saga, if you are interested, I explain it here and then I explain it further here, and then rant a little here. talk about the length of phone calls here. add another day of IRS issue news here and finally, on February 24 of 2007 report that our 2005 tax issues are finally resolved. This year we decided to have our 2006 taxes done professionally. They are completed and she did an awesome job. But now they are saying that TWO of our children’s social security numbers don’t match up.

2) I have a county worker enthusiastic about getting lots of services for our family. But she needs paperwork on all five of the kids. It is filed by year -- each kid has a file by year with everything in it. But she needs it in a different format, so I have come up with a new system and I have to rearrange it.

3) I have 10 children to supervise today -- 7 of ours and 3 guests.

4) I have 2 or 3 frustrated families on my caseload that are having holds put on their cases or second thoughts right before placement. I need to spend time on the phone with them.

5) I need to finish Financial Aid for both Kyle and Rand for next year.

Too much information? yeah, I thought so, but wish me luck (and now I have my to-do list I can check on my blog all day if necessary. Maybe I’ll even let you in on my progress.

No comments: