Thursday, February 08, 2007

An Update, More for Me than You

I spent over an hour on the phone with AOL trying to get Bart's computer working. Tech support hung up on me after the first 45 minutes, and the second call, I nearly yelled at the auto response guy. If the record those, they will be playing mine at break time for months for a chuckle. I was very frustrated. And the end result: It still doesn't work and I have to go pick up a CD at Walmart or Best Buy. Lucky me. I'm going to have Bart stop and do that and see if we can make it work later.

I then tackled the IRS. It's been 53 minutes and it still isn't straightened out. I do think that I have finally convinced them that Jimmy is our son. However, now they are making further adjustments to the account. Hopefully it's going to work out now.

I also got several pieces of paper filled out while I have spent most of my morning on the phone. (Very grateful for speaker phone today). I feel good because it was lots of stuff I've been putting off. So, I am making some progress. I'm on a roll... I still have several phone calls to make today that I can't make while I'm on the phone.

2 comments:

David said...

Claudia... I'm no uber-expert, but I know my bit about PCs... Let me know if I may be able to help you with something.

Thanks,
David Wilkinson
http://www.techzi.net/

P.S. The donations page should be going live soon, along with your backlink. ;D

Kathyb1960 said...

Geeze, by the time you convince the IRS he's your son, he'll be 18!!!