Tuesday, September 04, 2012

New Patterns

Being a workaholic isn't too tough as long as you don't try to fit a social life in as well. When you do ... things just don't all fit!

It appears that we are developing some new patterns at our house. Mornings without meltdowns, evenings with friends, cooperation (for the most part), and apparently a lack of blogging!

Our weekend was full to the brim with all kinds of stuff. Wilson and Dominyk helped a friend clean his garage, and in the middle of the day we had lunch as a family with a couple other families. Sunday was church.... awesome... then lunch out with friends and an evening of having people over. Monday I did work some but we also had dinner out with friends after doing some thrift store shopping on half price day. It was crazy.

SO here it is Tuesday morning and I'm finally getting around to blogging. I'm reluctant to blog when I don't think I will have time to do a good job. I don't know why it bothers me now -- it never has in the past ;-)

From 4 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. early Sunday morning I was awake, tossing and turning, and working myself into a real dither. So many things going on in my life and so little time. After being in tears for a while, i realized that there was one thing in my life that was somewhat flexible and that is the TFA conference I had agreed to speak at coming up on the 14-15 of September in Atlanta. The more I thought about it the more I realized how stressful trying to fit that in was with transitioning jobs, starting the new year, and settling into the new fall activities at church.

So this morning I"m going to, for the first time in my life, cancel a trip when my name is already on the program. I'm not doing the keynote -- they were breakout sessions -- but I just can't find it in me to do this on top of everything else. I was doing it on a volunteer basis so I think that may be making me feel even guiltier, but it was a decision I needed to make.

So as soon as I can talk to someone about this and get my parts cancelled I will be feeling much better. I"m sorry to any of you who had planned to attend .... and especially bummed that I'm going to miss seeing Cindy and a few other really good friends.

But it's a good decision. I need to start focusing on my job at Bethany beginning on the 10th and I still have several things to clean up for my Adopt America and Downey Side positions before my last day.

I haven't put a picture on here for ages -- but isn't this one great -- Gabby took it of Salinda. She's a better photographer than I am ;-)






No comments: