Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Roller Coaster of Emotion


I found out yesterday afternoon that one of the best men I've ever known passed away.

He was fourth grade teacher to John, and then to Jimmy, and then to Jimmy again, and then to Tony and then to Ricardo.   He went on to become a principal.  He and his wife were Ricardo's sponsors at his baptism.  

While we lived in Luverne the lives of our families were intertwined.  His wife and children knew us ... we lived in community together.   As recently as this past summer, we saw his youngest son, now an adult, college graduated, insurance agent, while we were having dinner.

So my life has been crazy the past few days.

My mom + hospital = fear and anxiety for me, even if not for her.

My brother + new 27 year old African bride (yes, I found out today that she is 27 and my brother is older than her father) = shock, happiness, surprise

My dear, dear friend dead suddenly at 52 = shock, grief, anger, frustration, bewilderment, sad to the core

Lots of thoughts running through my head, lots of emotions running through my heart, but one thing always steady always stable.

I can honestly say, regardless of the ups and downs

God’s Faithfulness = It Is Well with my soul…



No comments: