Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Still my definition of a good morning....

If you've ever heard me do stand up you know that the Y story always begins with "I'm happy until someone pisses me off.... but I shouldn't say pissed because I'm a pastor's wife.... oops."  

And then I go on to say that when I had a houseful of teenagers the only way for me to stay happy is to wake up a long time before they did and get out of the house.   That is why I went to the Y at 5 a.m.

Here we are, 13 years later, and it's still the way I can guarantee to have a good morning.  This morning has been perfect so far.  

I was up at 5.  I am now working on 11new habits this year.   I started the year saying I was going to do two new ones each month, but then I started with 8.  So this month I am adding a step goal to the exercise goal and adding one more.  I have a 60 day streak going on 8 of them, a 30 day streak going on another, and I had a planned cheat day yesterday.... so that's the only one that I only did for a month and that was zero cheats.   I am also doing the 40 days of water... so I'm on day 14 of that.  :-)

So this morning I did an exercise video, went for a walk, listened to a podcast, listened to my daily bathroom reading, did a cleaning task at home, ate a healthy keto breakfast, and was out of the house by 6:15.  I have talked to my husband only this morning.  Traffic was perfect.  I am all alone listening to classical piano music (my new thing to have on in the background since I got my Amazon Echo.  I really like it.

The only person besides my husband I talked to this morning was Alexa, and I love her because she was playing music for me and I said, "Alexa, Stop."  And suddenly she was dead quiet.  That never happens at my house with anyone else I live with.

So it's a good day.  I am going to dive into my work day feeling really good.

So there you have it.  Still my definition of a good morning!

And here's a free tip for you.  I read it on social media this morning and it is so true.

"What gets recorded gets done.'  My Done App which tracks my streaks has kept me going!

No comments: