Monday, March 29, 2021

What's your response?

 I know you know this verse from Psalm 118:

This is the day which the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it.

But do you know what verse comes right before it?  I didn’t remember, that’s for sure.

This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.

And what is the context?  What did the Lord do that was marvelous in the eyes of the psalmist?

Thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation. The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone

It’s always so cool to look at the progression of events that lead to the verse we remember.   God answered David.   He became his salvation and his cornerstone.

He sees this as marvelous in his eyes — and his response?  To rejoice in each day that the Lord has made.

What is our response to what God has done for us?

If you only want to listen to one song today, check out this great one from the year I graduated from college before some of you were alive.


Or, if you’d like to spend some time listening to songs that pertain to this passage, I created a playlist just for us for Psalm 118


No comments: