Saturday, April 17, 2021

Saturdays.....

 So here's my brain dump for a Saturday morning.

Since I don't write emails to my staff with devotionals on weekends, and since I don't typically link these weekends posts to Facebook, these are posts that are similar to what I used to post 10 or 15 years ago.

But I'm not feeling too whiny today, so that might be good :-)

I'm still door dashing and learning a lot from the experience.   I like doing it because it puts me into a different category than I am usually in.  People often look at me like they feel sorry for me -- because I'm old and fat and the stairs take a long time.   I am not often in a position where people pity me.  I keep it as my secret that this isn't my only job -- because it's good for me to not feel important or significant sometimes.  Typically I just get the boys to do the running, but when I do it myself and Bart drives, it's a good exercise for me.

It also is taking us to parts of town where we have never been before and it makes me very well aware of the needs of people around me.  It also makes me feel very very grateful.   

For example, CVS now has this thing where you actually go in and shop for people and then deliver with door dash.  So I delivered baby bottles and a nose syringe (that thing you use to suck out boogers) and a pregnancy kit to section eight housing and when I met the girl she was very nice to me.  But my heart went out to her and I kind of hoped she wasn't pregnant again already.  Life is so hard for a lot of people.

It also gives Bart and I time to talk without the distractions of the other kids or grandkids or other temptations in the house.  So I'm enjoying spending time with him.  And our adventures give us stuff to think and talk about as we get to know our city better.   It's like the Amazing Race except you get paid and you don't have to scale high mountains.

I am also trying to decide how to spend my PTO.  I've been short tempered at work lately, and realizing it's probably because I should use some of those 6 weeks of PTO that I have accumulated.  I have taken about 3 or 4 days so far this year and it's almost May.  So I took of yesterday and I am taking off Monday and Tuesday, except I have a few work meetings I can't miss, so I'm not totally taking it off.

We are taking two weeks to go to Minnesota in June to see Sadie's new baby girl (going to be born in May) and to attend the wedding of Rand and Amanda who have been married for a year.  I know, I know, the complexities of COVID-19.

We are also contemplating a trip to Utah in the fall and possibly another trip somewhere else this summer. It's our 25th Anniversary and we were saving for a cruise but that doesn't seem to be on the horizon any time soon.

Our friends Mike and Kari are on their way to Virginia and we are having lunch with hem in an hour.  Pretty excited about that.

And then Jimmy wants to door dash.  He's the most fun of the kids to go with because he doesn't argue or tell me how to drive.

That's all for today!

No comments: