Monday, June 13, 2011

Bombarded

The last 24 hours I have been bombarded with a whole bunch of things from different directions including:

one of my children telling me something that is impossible instead of asking for it and then freaking out when I suggested things might not go exactly as planned;

a work situation that is a complete challenge that will involve me taking on a whole bunch of "big people" in order to help one "insignificant" teenager find a home;

a person who found my blog who is a 20 year old kid in Uganda trying to keep 14 children alive in an orphanage he is creating -- he's asking for my guidance;

a sore throat and a cold that are keeping me at less than 100% capacity;

two kids who took long naps last night and were wandering around late into the night, one of them doing something he's really not supposed to do;

an email from a friend of mine who is battling cancer;

a joyous wonderful breakfast with one of the "sunshiniest" people I know who lifts my spirits every time;

a full inbox that requires processing NOW;

a three day trip with Bart, leaving tomorrow that I have to prep everyone for -- kids, caregivers, etc;

and just a general sense of the overwhelming amount of things that I not only have to do but WANT to do -- and the annoying fact that there are only 24 hours in a day that I must sleep.

emails back and forth about a new book project. I'm excited about it. In fact, I might tell you about it sometime....

SO.... I'm feeling a bit emotionally bombarded at the moment which is why I'm just now getting around to blogging.

Maybe I'll have a bit more time to focus on the trip...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I believe I have a homeschool mom friend who has two kids and their spouses recently returned to Uganda as missionaries. I've known her for years via the internet. Want to talk to her and see if there's any way her kiddos can help?