Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Second Chances

Salinda asked tonight to go to a friend's house where she hadn't been for two years. It was not a wise place to be back then which she later admitted to me.

I expressed to her my concern, but also suggested that it was important for me to offer people another chance. I explained that she needed to make good choices and that she needed to call if things were not going well and I would come get her. She is old enough now that she needs to be making those choices -- to get out of negative situation -- instead of me trying to protect her from them. God knows that never worked anyway.

So she is there, I'm offering another chance, and she'll need to make sure she makes good choices..... and if not, then we'll deal with that as it comes.

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it is me.

My motto all the time now. And it seems to be working.

No comments: