Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...


Oh wait, it's REALITY, not a dream. More snow falling toay on the mountains of snow already here...

I"m assuming some of my readers have no idea what this looks like and have no way of relating to this song. But we in MInnesota certainly do...

In the bleak midwinter, frost wind made moan,
earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
in the bleak midwinter, long ago.


There are a couple of verses in between that talk of the Christmas story. But before I moved to this part of the country I had never experienced the "snow had fallen snow on snow, snow on snow" concept in all my life. Now it is a part of who I am. Especially this winter.

By the way, Isaac therapy is still doing wonders. I try to hold him at least 45 minuets a day. He knows my voice, he smiles at me, I can calm him when others can't. It's a very nice feeling.

Kyle and Christy arrived last night, delighting the other kids who were here. They love it when he comes -- he is sort of a hero to them for some reason, and of course we all adore Christy, so it's fun to have them here.

Salinda and Henry are supposed to be here this morning with Gabby. But the snow may keep them away.

But regardless of any of this it is my intention to enjoy my day and remember what it's about.

The last verse of the song I started above are the words in my heart today:

What can I give him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
if I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
yet what I can I give him: give my heart.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Awwwww. I want to come up and hold him!

Claudia said...

Could you even make it up the hill? The snow just keeps falling....

Kari said...

I wish you lived down here on our level. Or perhaps I should dream that we could ascend to your level someday.

Have a lovely day. ♥
~Kari

Marge said...

My blood pressure needs lowering...... I need to hold that baby!

I love that song, by the way.

A blessed Christmas to you and Bart and the family!