Monday, March 05, 2012

Computerless Days

For several years there wasn't a day that went by that I wasn't at my computer for at least an hour or two. Some days I would be there for 13-15 hours a day, pounding out the work.

But lately I have been enjoying several computerless days. Not always by choice.

Even after my 12 hours of sleep on Friday night I woke up yesterday after a full day of training and an hour drive on Saturday. I was exhasuted. I can't remember being that drained on a Sunday morning. But based on the past few weekends I had told myself that I was going to be sure that I didn't snap at the kids because I was tired. And I succeeded at being a calm and gentle mom for the whole day. Of course I slept for a couple hours in the afternoon and then last night had trouble sleeping.

On top of the heart issues and all my other health stuff, I'm developing a bad cold so that isn't helping either.

Today Jimmy is going to accompany me up to the Twin Cities where I get to have staff meeting, lunch with a friend, and then head to my office to clean up from training before heading home.

I'm lokoing forward to parts of the day -- am hoping I'll have the energy for it all...

It sure is nice to have the sun getting up so early.....

No comments: