Sunday, January 24, 2016

And it's the Move that Never Ends....


I really hope I got that song stuck in your head.  "It's the song that never ends.... it just goes on and on my friends.... Somebody started singing it...."

HA!  It's stuck in mine, might as well be stuck in yours.

So Jimmy's flight for yesterday was cancelled.  Now his flight for today is cancelled.  The parsonage in Danville has been available for us to see since Bart got here on Thursday night, except that the roads we need to take to get there haven't been plowed.   Jimmy's return ticket is scheduled for less than 24 hours after his new arrival time, so I'm going to have to try and get that changed today.

Cabin fever is a very real thing!   You would think that when a person who is always too busy suddenly has a free day with nothing to do, that I would work on projects I've been putting off, or enjoy time with my husband I haven't seen in weeks  Instead over the past three days I have watched 3.5 fairly disappointing Netflix movies, tried not to eat out of boredom, and had a few somewhat meaningful conversations with Bart that were only interrupted once every 37 seconds.

Family systems theory is certainly applying here at the Fletchers.  Dominyk, who has been as cooperative as he knows how to be, has started to revert back to his old self.  When Tony arrived he started to go downhill, and once Bart and Wilson got here, he stopped all things helpful.   Bart stopped for groceries on Thursday night and Tony and Dominyk have been eating non stop out of boredom.  Almost everything he bought is gone.  And I won't even blog about Tony's instability...

But the sun is up, it stopped snowing by about 3 yesterday afternoon, and it looks as though the roads might be plowed by this afternoon so we can go check out the parsonage in Danville.  Our belongings are supposed to arrive tomorrow, as is Jimmy.   Tony flies back Tuesday.

Some day I will be able to tell you that Bart is settled in the parsonage in Danville.  Unfortunately I may have to tell you at that point that I am changing living quarters here as we may need this townhouse for someone else.

This truly may be the move that never ends....


No comments: