Thursday, May 11, 2017

It's All I Can Do...


Have you ever been overwhelmed by God's goodness.... It might happen in the most unlikely moments when things aren't going quite the way you want them to and then suddenly...BOOM it hits you?  "I don't deserve ANYTHING God has given me."  

That happened to me this morning.   I tell my staff that Thursdays are #ThankfulThursday, but I did not wake up feeling grateful.   I must confess that my feelings were nothing like that.

One email that I read this morning is all it took to turn things around.  The story in that email and the recognition of the work that God is doing to work in people's lives all around me...and I was in a completely different place.  Suddenly I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.

Sometimes it takes us by surprise, and sometimes we have to focus on the good things that are there, but once we recognize how much God has done for us, we can't help but thank him.




No comments: