Sunday, May 07, 2017

Seeing Clearly


The past few days have been a bit of a fog for me.  I don't do well with oral steroids, and apparently injected steroids aren't much better.  I feel incredibly foggy and am not tracking well.  It's strange for me.

In fact, Friday I was in a meeting and trying to figure out a scheduling issue with a  group of people staring at me.   I couldn't for the life of me put it all together.  Finally, I turned to my dear friend and coworker Micheal, and asked him for assistance.  He responded, "Oh, I stopped trying to figure this out a long time ago.  But this is very entertaining."

The foggy feeling has lasted through the weekend.   It got me thinking about these verses from 1 Corinthians 13 today (The Message):
We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
On good days, we think we see things clearly in our world.  We think we understand what's happening.  But in reality, it's all foggy.   We see things through lenses of imperfection.  Fortunately, a day is coming when we are going to see things clearly -- the way God sees them, and we will know Him perfectly.

I'm looking forward to the day when my health returns to normal.... but even more so, I am looking forward to the day when we no longer are seeing through the fog of our earthly eyes, but we are seeing things perfectly.

We're going to see a bright, bright, sunshiny day.


No comments: