Friday, May 12, 2017

The Results of That Survey I've Been Begging You To Take

In case the categories are hard to read in the graph, here they are again:

I am/was worried about the effect it would have on my children. 31%
I don't know and never knew there was a need. 23%
I don't/didn't want the county or state getting involved in my life. 19%
I am/was worried I would get too attached to the kids in my care and couldn't give them back. 29%
I hear/heard horror stories about kids in foster care and didn't want the hassle. 12%
I don't/didn't feel that God was calling me to do it. 16%
Life Situation Incompatible (No Time, Energy, Resources) 40%

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me get to 1000.  

Secondly, this obviously is not official research, but I think it is pretty representative of our world today.

Finally, stay tuned!   Once we have Licensed Child Placing Agency status at Patrick Henry Family Services I am going to be able to tell you some exciting news about how the program we are starting is going to address several of the concerns above.  

I'm so excited!

No comments: