Monday, July 03, 2017

Is the Task Ahead Too Big for You?


Are you looking ahead and something and saying to yourself, “It’s too big!  Too Much!  Too Hard!  I can’t do it!”

I have been there, more than once, and so have you.

It could be a relationship.   Relationships are the hardest thing that we have to deal with in our lives.  I have a friend who says, “Work would be awesome if there were no people.”   People complicate things.  Maybe you are thinking about a person right now and thinking, fixing that relationship is a mountain too big to climb.  I can’t do it.  I don’t want to do it.    I won’t do it.  Your choice, but what if God wants you to?

It could be a project at work.  It seems like an impossibility…. something too hard and too much for you.  You don’t even know where to start.

Or maybe it is a personal thing… battling an addiction.  Maybe you need to lose weight, or stop smoking, or stop drinking… but you just know it’s too much.

I have shared this quote with you many times, but my lifetime mentor, a man by the name of Paul Mills, taught me this more than 30 years ago:  If God wants to do something great, He starts with a problem.  If He wants to do something spectacular, He starts with an impossibility.  What is the task ahead of you?  Is it impossible?

Then look out…. God is fixin’ to do something spectacular!

Let’s claim this song today! 

No comments: