Friday, July 28, 2017

Spitting in the Wind


Spitting in the wind is a pretty disgusting thought.   In fact, I really don't want to dwell on it.   So the fact that the Message uses this phrase multiple times in Ecclesiastes both amuses and troubles me.

The first time is in chapter one.
I looked most carefully into everything, searched out all that is done on this earth. And let me tell you, there’s not much to write home about. God hasn’t made it easy for us. I’ve seen it all and it’s nothing but smoke—smoke, and spitting into the wind.
It appears that Solomon did a really good job of examining life for those people who believe they are the only one in "their own little world."  When we look at life from that perspective ... it's nothing.  It's smoke.... and spitting into the wind.

However, when we open our eyes to the bigger picture everything changes.  Most of the time an entire blog post isn't about the song I feature, but today it is.  I encourage you to listen to this song and the message that it brings to us.

No comments: