Thursday, July 06, 2017

The Scripture Verse Most Disobeyed by Christians Everywhere


There has been no research done to prove my point, but based on my experience there is one verse that we as Christians really don't follow.... and it is a verse that comes straight out of the mouth of Jesus Himself.

Are you guessing which one I'm talking about?

Well, here it is...
If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you.
In the Message it says it this way:
If a fellow believer hurts you, go and tell him—work it out between the two of you. 
I think we misread the verse.  I think we read it to say, "If someone hurts you, go tell your best friend, and your neighbor, and your mom, and anyone else who will listen."

Christians aren't the only ones who have trouble with this, but we should know better.   In fact, this verse was specifically directed at believers which is why Jesus used the words "brother and sister."

I have seen more people hurt and more good churches and organizations destroyed because people could not follow Jesus on this one thing.

Now that I think about it, I have a few conversations I need to have.... do you?

No comments: