Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Who is Writing Your Story?


If you could choose someone to write your biography, who would you choose?  Someone who knew you well or someone who is a bit of a stranger so that they would leave things out that you didn't want people to know?  Or would you not trust someone to write it and insist on an autobiography?

If you follow me on Facebook or you have been writing my blog you know that my novel just came out…. and it was an amazing journey to write a story — to make up people from nothing.   I had never written fiction before, and I was surprised at how cool it was.   The characters became my friends as if they were real.   And fortunately, they were willing to let me write their story.

We are in God’s story and the story is amazing IF we actually let Him write whatever He chooses…. if we don’t push back, if we give ourselves to Him, asking Him to be the writer ….

I love these verses from Psalm 18 in the Message:
God made my life complete    when I placed all the pieces before him.When I got my act together,    he gave me a fresh start.Now I’m alert to God’s ways;    I don’t take God for granted.Every day I review the ways he works;    I try not to miss a trick.I feel put back together,    and I’m watching my step.God rewrote the text of my life    when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.
Life doesn’t get any better than when we give him free reign to right our story as He sees fit.

No comments: